Friday, November 10, 2023

The Eras of My Life

Again, this post seems like I am full of myself. Like I am important enough to have "Eras". But that's not it at all. I think we all could break up our lives into "Chapters", and that's essentially what I'm doing. I am posting this in this blog, because I think it can help provide context for the songs that are in my Hall of Fame. Most of the songs are in my Hall of Fame because they were released during a certain ERA of my life and were a part of my life in that same era. There are some songs that may have been released in a previous era that didn't really make an impact in my life until later. Moving forward, I will try to pinpoint specifically the era in which the song made the biggest impact (when applicable). 

I hope to post this again and fill in each of these eras with clarification notes.   

I. THE BEGINNING ERA - Birth/1st House - 80 - 86 - There won't be a lot of songs that I can specifically trace back to this Era, but I'm placing it down here, because I have a specific set of memories that come from early life in my 1st house in Spring Lake. 

II. THE CHILDHOOD ERA - 2nd House - 1986-95 - 

III. THE TEEN ERA - The Post Parochial School Era - 95 - 98

IV. THE CUAA ERA - The College Years - 1998 - 2002

V. THE ADRIAN ERA - My first ministry position - 02 - 06

VI. THE NEWLYWED ERA - Early Marriage / Second Ministry Position - 06-10

VII. THE DADDY ERA - Kids, Kids, Kids - 10-17

VIII. THE PROFESSOR ERA - The Professor Adventure - 17-23

IX. THE FRESH START ERA Letting Go and another Fresh Start - 23 to Present

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home