SONG #6: Kelly Clarkson - Stonger (What Doesn't Kill You)
Inducted on April 23, 2012
Wow. What a doozy of a song to induct nearly five months after "Tha Crossroads". Yeah. There are a couple of these sprinkled throughout my list. But listen.. the song was ALL over the place in 2012 when it was released. What? It was released in 2012? What about your "one year" rule, Josh? Well, it wasn't quite established back then. Fortunately, I wouldn't take the song back even if I could. It's a catchy song, and Clarkson's voice is so powerful. I love how they took a common phrase for inspiration and effortlessly worked it into a song. I have a little bias against songs that aren't sung by their writer, but the song is just too good to ignore.
As of November 2014, this is the most recently released song to make my Hall of Fame. As such, I don't think I have as much of an emotional attachment to it as all the others. I just appreciate it as a really good song.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home